Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Latest Happenings

I always have the best intentions of staying current with the blogging, but late at night when I think "I should post a new blog...it has been a while", Mr. Sandman visits, and before I know it, I am being tapped on my forehead by little fingers informing me of an empty, rumbling tummy. So this will be a post of updates and pics from the past month.

Lauren went to her first Homecoming this year. She looked beautiful, and had a fabulous time. I can't help but ask myself - how in the world can I have a child that is a freshman in high school?

My parents came to visit over Fall Break. We had a great time visiting, playing, and eating. Olivia got to meet Nanny and Bumpa for the first time. She was actually very smiley for them, although one can't tell by looking at the picture!

This past week, Colorado was hit with an October winter storm. At our house, we got over 2 feet of snow! The kids had 3 snow days off from school, and had a great time building a snow fort in the front yard. Yesterday, the sun was shining and the temp was above 50 degrees. I am not going to complain about the sun, but now our yard is a big muddy mess.




Olivia is still in the hospital, but is scheduled to come home around November 16th. Not much has changed with her health. She had a second heart cath 2 weeks ago, and some of her pulmonary veins had restenosed. The doctor was able to dilate them again, and is very pleased with the results. Since her hospitalization in September, Liv had lost some of her developmental milestones. The doctors have been concerned that she has some developmental delays due to her lack of oxygen and sedation, but she is proving them all wrong. She is back rolling and reaching for her toys. Praise God!!! We are so anxious to bring her home...November 16th can't come fast enough!

2 comments:

  1. I love the post Misty. While the kids look like they are having an incredibly wonderful time, I think that Dad and I got back to Montana just in time. I'm so glad to have the family pic. Thank you.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates...such a beautiful family! Miss and love each of you! (I can't beleive all the snow!!!)

    ReplyDelete