Sunday, August 23, 2009

~ life ~ love ~ family ~

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:13-16


It has been four weeks since my last post, and so much has happened. On July 30th, Jon and I took Shon and Cory to meet their baby sister for the first time. Cory thought Olivia was his "baby", and could not give her enough kisses. Shon, on the other hand was very anxious and afraid to get close to her. He was completely content to sit on the stool and watch the activity in the NICU.

On August 3rd, Olivia had a G-button feeding tube put into her stomach. She has always been a great eater, but since her trach, she has not had the stamina to finish her bottles. In order for her to continue to grow and thrive, she needed the GB tube to give her the remaining formula that she doesn't finish.
On Friday August 14th, after almost 6 months, we finally got to bring Olivia home. It was a very exciting and anxious day. We arrived at the hospital at noon, signed discharge paperwork, put Olivia in her carseat, loaded the van with more medical equipment than I can describe, tearfully said goodbye to the amazing doctors and nurses at St. Joseph's NICU, and headed home with our fragile little one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am in awe of little Liv who was only 1 lb. 9 oz. at birth, but is now 11 lbs. 9 oz. I watch her as she sleeps and as she is loved and played with by my husband and kids. I truly believe that she is a little miracle and God has great things planned for her. I thank God that He has blessed us with her life.


11 comments:

  1. Oh Misty, how I love you and your family. Your boundless love is a blessing to all of us. Thank you for being you. Auntie Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stinking love you guys!!! You know, I started to cry while reading this. Your family is amazing!
    Love, your niece Madi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big sister says HI!
    Love, Mom

    PS: Check her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misti:

    Thanks for sharing your journey. Your heart is amazing and I am blessed to know you.

    Cheri Willems

    *Waving to Dawn & Buzzie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing...God is Amazing! We have been waiting to hear what GoOD has been happening in your family! Thanks for the update. Can't wait to meet all the little ones in person...
    We love you and continue to pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping over via Camie's blog. Best to you and your family.. My most heartfelt congrats on getting little Olivia home. She looks wonderful!! The shot of her sleeping so peacefully in her crib brought tears to my eyes. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from Camie's blog and delighted to find you. You have a beautiful life. I know from experience how challenging it can be to care for babies who have had a rough start -- also how very joyous. It is the work of angels, and we are blessed to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Misty,
    We all love that baby girl and you all too.
    Madi.. it made Aunt Sarah cry too :)
    Tears of happiness.
    Sweet sweet photos Mama!

    ReplyDelete